Friday, March 13, 2009

"Why Iceland" and Many Other Questions Answered

Yes, I'm off to Iceland in a few days!! Why Iceland? Answers to that, and many more, below:

"Why Iceland?"
It's been on my list for a while. Reykjavik has become an international European city, and the countryside is full of waterfalls, geysers, and natural springs. Plus, it's really cheap to go 
there right now! Check out these pix:











































"Which one is Iceland again?"














"Who are you going with?"
I'm going with me, myself, and I.

"Don't you have any friends?"
Yes, but I thought it would be fun to travel alone for once. This trip was booked kind of on a whim. I was on travelocity one day, and I saw this fare at a price I couldn't refuse. So I booked it!

"What are you going to do while you're there?"
I'm only there 4 days, so it will be jam packed. I'm going to spend a day or so in Reykjavik, checking out the museums, sights, food, etc. Then a couple days in the local countryside. My last day will probably be spent at the spa. I'm not a spa type of guy, but they are rated among the best in the world. I have a rough itinerary planned, but I will be making much of it up as I go. I leave from Boston Thursday night (March 19th) and depart Reykjavik Monday night (March 23rd).

Follow my blog and you'll get to see!

"What's the temperature like?"
Despite being just south of the arctic circle, the gulf stream keeps it quite mild. Temperatures are similar to New York City.

"How far is it and what's the time difference?"
It's exactly a five hour flight from Boston, and they are four hours ahead of East-Coast time.

"I heard on the news that their economy is in turmoil..."
Yes, their financial system is in much worse shape than here in the US. The krona is worth about half of what is was just a few months ago. However, this is good news for me as everything will cost half as much!

1 comment: